Sunday, March 20, 2011

Synthesia

My favorite video games are the music ones. Rock Band, Guitar Hero, the brand name doesn't matter. I just like sitting in front of my TV with a plastic instrument and pretending I'm a rock star. My favorite songs are the ones that have a lot of single notes, because that's kind of like playing piano. I've been playing piano since I was young, so I'm pretty good at those songs. It's just more fun for me.

Really, Rock Band and Guitar Hero have more in common with a real life piano than a real life guitar, only the keyboard only has five notes and you have to push the pedal a lot. But it's fun; I really enjoy it. It can even be like fingering exercises for me, and helps me build up dexterity and strength in my left hand. That's good, since when I actually play piano my left hand tends to get a little neglected while my right hand does all the fancy stuff. It's good to balance it out a little.

I don't know if they'll ever come out with a Piano Hero game. I know the new Rock Band 3 game has a keyboard, but I doubt it's much like playing a real piano. No, for a music that's REALLY like playing piano, you need to try Synthesia.

Seriously. Just go check it out. They were gonna call it Piano Hero before they got threatened with a lawsuit. It's totally cool. And it's free! What more could you ask for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home